15 June 2008

Last Night and Today... 5th June

We were all in a diar state of shock last night and all sat in the lounge for the majority of the night. The man who called himself the captain (he was the driver) asked where we wished to go. We decided to go to the Bahamas and take it from there, that was when my sister Gabrielle went and got the keys to our house in Nassau!! Once again the feeling of excitement came over me! I hadn't been there for years! It's a huge 7 bedroomed Villa with a private beach, pool and also boasts a harbour to park yachts. It's a short drive (or sail) accross to Paradise Island also. She said she'd figured we'd want to go there if we were in The Bahamas and so she told my fathers P.A and she phoned the housekeepers and told them we may be arriving. 

Without further ado the "Captain" as he liked to call him self set off towards Nassau!! We were sat drinking more or less all night and I made up for lost time with Gabrielle. I saw her for about 6 hours in total on my birthday and before that it's been months! She was telling me how she always feels awful in Uni due to her classmates scraping for money and drives a Ferrari there everyday and goes home to Wycombe square in Kenzington every night... Ouch! She hates it still though, she's like me, hates being told what to do! 

Whilst the glasses were filling and emptying we all decided to go and sit out in the hot tub... Easier said than done! Those imbeciles of chauffeurs placed all of our luggage in one great heap in the foyer; all of us had more or less the same suitcases. Slight problem. I personally had 6 pieces of luggage and others had more, can you imagine? We spent what felt like ages trying to decide, it was hardest with the girls because they all brought more or less the same shoes etc so it meant opening every single case and seeing what was in there and then deciding who's it was and taking it up stairs to the bedrooms. When we'd finally solved the dilemma the yacht came to a halt. I was stood baffled and the driver came and said that we'd arrived! I thought we were going to be sailing all night and only arrive in the morning! I looked out of the window and there it was... Sand Castle, the Mcquillan family villa! Haha. We'd parked in our little dock thing and the promenade ran right up to the gated house! The house looked extremely well kept considering we hadn't been in years. The last time I came was when I was 13, I don't know whether my parents have been since but I think they rent it out when we're not here.. I'm not sure! 

We all alighted from the boat and walked up to the gate where Gabrielle typed in the code and unlocked the door. It looked amazing. The garden was perfectly sheared, the pool lights were on as were the patio and the house looked just as it did last time I came however the interior was a lot more modern. Gabrielle opened the door and grabbed the portable computer screen which is used to control the house.. She turned on the lights to reveal the huge open plan ground floor from which you could see the white sandy beach! It was amazing! I must say this has got to be the best birthday ever! We decided seeing as it was more exciting, to stay on the yacht for the night. So we all went back onboarding... Taking the control pannel with us to control the lights, phone and security in the house. 

Nothing too eventful happened really all night, we were all too tired from the night before and decided to make it an early one for us all.. However, before we went to bed we all came up with the marvelous plan to ring our parents (or parents P.A's in some cases) and get the keys for any properties they owned in the Caribbean. This way we could sail from place to place and have a party in each house! They all gave the address of Sand Castle and asked for the keys to be sent here asap. Plan! After several phone calls and much discussion and giddiness we all went to bed. I shared with Elliot that night for obvious reasons ;) And once we'd done the usual I couldn't sleep! I was lay there with a smile on my face feeling like a complete idiot haha. I was overwhelmed though haha. 

I'm still really tired! I didn't wake until late and then we all went into the house where we had breakfast made by the crew from the boat... Now I'm sat around the pool sunbathing in my Dolce & Gabbana shorts and sunglasses writing this. It's 90 something degrees today so it's not bad, could be better though haha. It confuses me how I get internet on the yacht I couldn't work it out but I don't care to be honest as long as it works! I understand how it works in the house though haha. 

I think we're going to have a little party tonight in the house... We intend on playing our loud music and having a dance and drinks... The housekeeper tells me she can get me a bartender to whisk up some Cosmopolitans and things haha... fun times! 

I shall keep you posted! 
Much love.

No comments: