28 December 2008

Christmas day...

Granted, I may have suspended my profile due to it becoming a somewhat burden, however I came online to wish you all a Merry Christmas. 

Since last speaking I have spent time in Milan, Paris and the newly renovated Beverly Hills home. I returned to London last week before chartering a jet to bring us here to Aspen yesterday. Joining us on the flight was Jake, the family chef, and his family (which included his 4 and 7 year old son and daughter - just what I wished for whilst being petrified on the never ending flight.) My parents have paid for Jake and his family the suite at the St. Regis hotel so that we could enjoy a delicious Christmas dinner - something which the McQuillans would be completely unable to produce. 

For the week prior to our flight Jackie, my fathers Personal Assistant, has been living here. Along with her husband, Jackie took a jet to the family home in order to ensure all presents were delivered, the house was stocked with Champagne, Food, Dvds and firewood etc. I am also told that a person was paid to come to the house to decorate the spectacular Christmas trees which are in various rooms around the 6 bedroomed home. 

Surely enough when we awoke this morning the lounge was filled with perfectly wrapped gifts all in the same paper, white with gold ribbon, as they were every year. Like a child I unwrapped the gifts my parents had purchased just so I had things to unwrap, this consisted of Shoes, Clothes, Sunglasses, Jewellery, Leather goods... before they finally handed me my main present. I was unsure of what it was at first however when I pulled off the gold bow and white wrapping paper (just like every other gift) and saw the catalogue for a Lamborghini Murcielago Versace I knew that was what was awaiting me upon my return to London. An enormous smile spread across my face and my father threw me a smaller box containing the keys to my new car! The car has been made to order and from what I could gather was of top specification. It needed to be too. That is to ensure it equated to the cost of Gabrielle's main present - a Harry Winston ring. The ring was emerald cut set in Platinum and was larger than the bottom half of her finger and could therefore certainly be classified as a 'rock.' 

From Gabrielle and myself my father received a XSR48 superboat which was currently in the South of France and for my mother we had designed a ring. The ring was a cluster of oval cut diamonds engulfed in a platinum setting. On one side of the diamonds was the initial K and on the other a G whilst on the underside the letters McQ were to be found. Both of my parents adored their gifts and thus overall we were exceptionally happy. 

Gabrielle managed to put a stop to the happy spirit whilst having after dinner drinks. My parents asked how her internship with Peoples Revolution was going. My sister sighed and said "Well I simply cannot fault the social side of it, I just hate having a job where I am beneath someone whom I despise and who is always telling me I am doing things wrong." My father asked what it was that she was doing wrong and she said "Oh stupid things, for example the other day I went to Garren to have my hair done in my lunch break and it took a little longer than expected and she blew it completely out of proportion, dragging up past times like when I was an hour and a half late." My father lowered his eyebrows and said "Gabrielle, that is quite understandable.." She just sighed and said "I know, she's at that age where menopause is most common, it's not her fault she has mood swings, nevertheless there is no need for me to suffer due to her hot flushes and irregular periods... I think I'm going to quit when I get back." An entire degree put to waste haha. Then my father said "Oh marvellous, so does that mean I'm going to have both of my children lazing around the house or going out spending my money. What an excellent example you have set Kyle." Gabrielle smiled as though nothing was wrong and said "Oh no father.. I want to go back into dancing. I auditioned for Julliard and the New York City ballet and got accepted there and then due to excelling in my auditions." I couldn't believe she'd chosen to tell them this on Christmas day, I was in complete shock and thus, when the room fell silent and my parents looked at one another I began to laugh. My mother butted in and said "Well lets not have this conversation now." and then changed the subject haha. 

I wish you all the best today and hope you have as good a day as I have. 

Much love, 
Kyle.

No comments: