17 August 2008

moved on... Again

Hi...

Sorry I've not wrote much, I broke my laptop... Well I didn't, Kayleigh did. We were in Elliot's room one night, drunk, and she used my laptop to buy a new song off the internet and when she'd got it, began dancing with the laptop just holding the screen. Bearing in mind that my laptop is a macbook air it's not the toughest of computers. As you can imagine, after being swung around by the screen for the entire duration of a song, it completely detached it's self from the rest of the computer so I was left with 2 halves. I found it amusing at the time, as did she, however when I woke up on Wednesday morning I realized what she'd done. I phoned Jackie when I got up to see if she could get me another one sent over, however it's her holidays and she's at our house on Paradise island with her husband. Great; I feel like the world has come to an end when she's on her holidays, however Kayleigh phoned her mother and had one sent over which she paid for, seeing as she was the one who broke it.


On Friday, the same day as the arrival of my laptop, we went out onto the yacht to sunbathe and then went into the town to have a look around the shops. Whilst taking a break from the heat we sat in a cafe next to a group of 4 men and 5 women. All of us had our eyes on the men from the moment we walked in. They had toned bodies, amazing tans, were english and seemed like fun. A couple of them also had their eyes on the girls. We got talking and we learnt that they were the entertainment crew on a ship which had docked in naples before sailing in 2 days time. They had a range of skills, ranging from Ice Skating to Ballet and had lived together on the ship for the past 7 months putting on performances to the passengers. We invited them back to our yacht (which they were amazed by) and we had a few drinks and ended up being drunk. They came back to our hotel rooms and we all ended up sleeping with someone, Elliot and I slept with girls which wasn't ideal but, it was sex. 


When we got up in the morning we all went out into the town for some brunch and they asked if we'd consider going on the cruise. It would be sailing all around the Mediterranean for the next 2 weeks, stopping off in different places every day. It didn't take much thought. After the one we had planned for my birthday being a hoax and also seeing as we hadn't made any friends here on Capri and I personally had only slept with 2 strangers which is abysmal, we agreed and got back on the yacht and sunbathed on deck all the way to Naples. When we arrived there and parked up along side the enormous cruise ship we went and boarded with the entertainment people. They took us to the relevant people in order to book rooms. The lady said that they were sailing with near capacity and unfortunately they only have suites left. The look on her face as she was greeted by 4 black american express cards on the desk told us she'd realized the "unfortunately" was completely unnecessary. Although at £500 + a night it was quite understandable why she'd say such a thing. We booked the 4 of the best and got back on the yacht to go and pack. 


On the way I phoned Gabrielle and asked if she'd like to join us on the cruise, she jumped at the offer as she'd not seen me for a couple of months or however long it's been. She said she'd sort it out and ring me later on. I packed up the majority of my things, leaving out clothes for that evening and an outfit for Sunday (sailing day.) We took our packed cases to the yacht and left them there for the evening whilst we went out for tea. We were on our best behavior as we knew we'd be getting drunk most nights on the ship. Gabrielle phoned me that evening and said that she'd be getting a flight tomorrow evening... It was leaving tomorrow evening. She said "I'm aware of that Kyle, I have made arrangements. I'm going to get a helicopter onto the ship from the airport regardless of whether you've sailed or not. It will be fine, see you tomorrow dear!" and that was that. 


When we got up in the morning we packed our clothes into our holdalls along with other various things we hadn't already packed and went and got onto the yacht to go to the cruise ship. We sat in the lounge for the journey and when we arrived said goodbye to the crew and went and met the concierge who was waiting to greet us. She had people come and collect our luggage and take it to the rooms. She informed us that we were the most important passengers on the ship and therefore any of our needs would be catered for haha. Suck up. 


We went into our rooms and I unpacked before going to the gym for a much needed work out, by this time it was about 4 o'clock. When I got in there I was with one of the dancers, Gemma, who was running on the treadmill. We chatted and then she left to prepare for this evenings show and I carried on with my intense work out. At about 7 I went to my room for a shower. I spoke to Elliot on the phone who had been on the ice rink all afternoon with another Gemma showing off. Once I was ready I attempted going to meet everyone in Elliot's room and when I got in the lift Ellie, Kayleigh and Kelly were all stood in there pressing buttons. I asked what on earth they were doing and they told me that they couldn't get onto Elliot's floor. Elliot had managed to win the argument of getting the best suite and therefore had the entire floor to which you could only gain access to with his card. We phoned him and he called the lift to his floor so we could get into his room. His room was quite a bit larger than ours and had a huge piano in there, which no doubt would be getting played on one of those drunken nights which lay ahead of us. The ship was sailing at 9 so we went to the sushi restaurant and had some tea. I was in a white shirt, black pants and brown shoes all by Armani, Elliot was in Grey Prada pants, D&G shirt and Ferragmo shoes, Ellie was wearing a giles dress with some Fendi shoes, Kayleigh was in a Bill Blass dress with Laboutins and Kelly was wearing a Lela Rose dress with Alexander McQueen shoes. Following dinner we went out onto the deck where a band played for our depart. As the engines started all of our friends from the entertainment team came out and provided us with a more upbeat departure. About half an hour into the departure there was a helicopter overhead.. Gabrielle. It had descended until it was just above the ship, causing everyone's hair to blow and the music to be inaudible, after a few seconds of chaos when the ship had moved forward a bit the helipad was right under the helicopter where it landed. She got out of the helicopter leaving all the luggage to be collected by the bell boys and everyone watched as she made her way down the stairs to where we were sat. Dressed in a pair of leather Alexander McQueen jeans, plain white top, studded gucci heels and a bright green Marc Jacobs bag she looked amazing. I ran up and hugged her when Dean, one of the singers, shouted "Don't worry ladies and gentleman, it's just another addition to the McQuillan party!" and carried on singing... Everyone was staring by this point, they probably had suspicions of wealth anyway however now that one of us had arrived in a helicopter they realized the vastness of it. We would no doubt be getting watched like hawks for the rest of the holiday. All the waiters know our names too which is strange...


We didn't stay up too late and woke up this morning in Cittevatchia, the port for Rome. We got dressed and disembarked to our Mercedes' which were waiting to take us into the capital. We've shopped all day near to the spanish steps in Dior, Louis Vuitton, Fendi... and then came back to this ship at about 5 ready for sailing at half past. Just as we pulled up in the cars 2 coaches arrived which was truly marvelous. Just so 100 of the other passengers could see us showing our money off, incase they missed Gabrielle's grand entrance.. There they stood and watched, without a hint of subtleness, as the branded bags were pulled out of the cars and we got back on board where more people stared as we made our way through the ship to reception to get keys for each others rooms. 


We've just finished dinner which we had in the steakhouse and I've just nipped to the room before going to watch our friends in we will rock you in the show lounge. 


I shall speak to you some time this week.

Much love. 

No comments: