10 September 2008

In New York.. 7th September

Hello, 
I am now in New York and absolutely exhausted. After spending 3 weeks in a time zone one hour ahead of London, followed by 9 hours behind London when in Beverly Hills and now I'm in New York which is 4 hours ahead of Beverly Hills; I think it is safe to assume my body clock is non-existent. Moving swiftly on, the rest of my time in Beverly Hills was amazing. I spent a lot of time with my parents whilst I was there, going out for meals in the evenings to places like Maestro, Beso's, Il sole and Koi. Gabrielle was with her friends from FIDM quite a lot and I joined them on a couple of nights out too... Gabrielle and I have viewed a few houses in Malibu as part of my plan... Whilst in New York Gabrielle wants to look for a townhouse for when she does her internship, I however have my apartment there which is rarely used. I am therefore hoping that if I show her houses in Malibu she'll like them and agree to sharing my apartment in New York with me. We looked at a few however, they weren't to her standards, however my father found us one on Malibu road where she would want it and she loved it. It was a large open plan property with floor to cieling windows overlooking the beach and the ocean. It reminded her of the house which my parents used to have there when we were younger and we used to spend our summers on Malibu beach. We then viewed a glass house which was also gorgeous and a couple of others. She loved them all so my fingers are crossed. 

On Tuesday I decided I needed a night out and so me and Gabrielle took my mother's car to Rodeo Drive and purchased outfits. Gabrielle bought 2 skirts, a blouse and a dress however chose to wear a Bill Blass dress which my mother had bought her off the internet instead. I bought a pair of black pants from Gucci and some shoes from Prada... We also got 3 pairs of Dita sunglasses. When we got back to the hotel we put our bags in our rooms and went for afternoon tea with our parents before going to get ready. I was wearing my new shoes and pants, a white Burberry Prorsum shirt with a skinny Dolce & Gabbana tie and my 18ct white gold diamond encrusted Daytona. About 2 hours after I was ready Gabrielle emerged from her room wearing her grey Bill Blass dress with opaque tights, a Miu Miu clutch and some Miu Miu lightening bolt booties. I had used my contacts in order to get us a table reserved in Element. My father then took us in the car to the club where we would be meeting Gabrielle's friends. Whilst in the car he said "Kyle, look after your sister and at least make an attempt at not taking anybody back to the hotel." I was about to humour him and tell him I would when Gabrielle said "Oh do be serious father, I haven't known him not go home with somebody in all the times we've been clubbing together." I looked at her and said "Thanks for that Gabrielle. Father I do not understand your objection, it makes no difference whether I'm sleeping with the same person every night or a different one." to which he replied "Kyle I think you'll find there is a rather substantial difference in that it is promiscuous and it reflects badly on your mother and I" I said "It only reflects badly on you if you choose to mention it to people and therefore you only have yourself to blame. Just try not to think about it and it will all be fine." He was then lost for words. 

We got outside the club where 5 of Gabrielle's friends were waiting, only 2 were men, and not my type either. All of them attended FIDM (fashion college) so they were skinny fashionistas, and I'm quite partial to muscle on my men, the girls were pretty though. When we got in there our table was right near the dance floor so we sat and ordered some bottles of wine. I was scanning the room for potential men however didn't see any, Gabrielle on the other hand was already smiling at a man at the bar who was nudging his friend and nodding in her direction. A few moments later a waitress came over and said "Excuse me miss, the man at the bar would like to know if you and your friends would care to join him in the V.I.P section." Seeing as our table was beginning to get invaded upon by the overflowing dancefloor, we agreed. 

It wasn't the best V.I.P section I'd been in however it was improvement from the main club and the better looking people seemed to be in there. There were several good looking men, all tanned and toned, in the room whom I watched to see if they were homosexuals. The man who invited us in came and introduced himself to us as Alex , he worked in P.R in hollywood and often organized premieres and things. He and Gabrielle therefore got on like a house on fire as that was the topic she'd chosen to study at University. I was bored within ten minutes of being in the section and was texting Elliot and Kelly. Gabrielle's friends had left the section to go to the dance floor, I was sat awaiting a reply and Gabrielle was next to me talking to Alex. On the other side of me was a girl who was talking to her friends, she clearly picked up on my body language and introduced herself. She said "Hey, I'm Kimberly.. You seem a little bored" I said "How on earth did you guess?" when she said "Oh my god! You're British!" We were talking for a while when she put her hand on my leg and said "So where are you staying Kyle?" I smiled at her and said "Sorry Kimberly, I'm gay." She moaned and said "All the good looking ones are! In that case we'll go and sit with them over there" she pointed 3 men out, 2 of which were the ones who I had my eye on from when we entered. We sat down with them and she said "Guys, this is Kyle, he's gay... And British!" ... Not quite the introduction I had hoped for but I suppose it got the message across. The better looking of the three said "Well you do have the full package don't you... I'm Smith, drink?" I ordered a Martini and drank it whilst getting to know everyone. Smith was studying entertainment law at Ucla, James was a freelance writer and Tim did something to do with events. After about an hour Gabrielle came over and said "Kyle, I'm leaving with Alex now so I'll text you in the morning." As soon as she'd turned to leave Kimberly said "Tell her no! He is absoluely awful in bed, he just pounds and it is not pleasureable because he's small! Trust me I've experienced it first hand." I phoned her and told her what Kimberly just said and then she said "Oh bloody hell... Right, one moment." A minute or so later she came back and said "I blamed it on you Kyle, hope you don't mind." She always did, I could not care less. He said "Yo dude, what's your problem, why can't she come back to my place?" I said "I wish to keep my eye on her this evening, after all she is my younger sister." When he said "She controls her own life, if she wants to come home with me then she can!" I smiled and said "Actually, she has no desire to go home with you. She did only, after me telling her about the fact I'd just heard you were appalling in bed she rapidly changed her mind.So you actually have nobody to blame other than yourself for your sheer lack of talent in the bedroom." I then turned around and carried on with my conversation. 

Gabrielle and her friends from FIDM went to the dance floor along with Kimberly in search of men. I meanwhile decided who I was going back with. I asked what they were all doing this evening.. Smith was the only one available, the other 2 were going home together - boyfriends. Smith and I left Element at about 2, while Gabrielle stayed with Kimberly and her friends. Smith and myself had an amazing night, as always, however he woke me at 6 to tell me he was going home to get ready for work. I grunted something along the lines of bye and he left and I went back to sleep. When I woke up again at 11 I phoned Gabrielle. I asked her where she was when she replied "I don't exactly know.. After you left Kimberly took me a to a party at a different club and then I went home with the birthday boy but I don't know where he lives and I've just woke up and I don't know where he is... So I don't know what to do." I replied "Well don't just sit there, get up!" She did so, however made me stay on the phone. I listened as she walked through the house/apartment/flat opening various doors. Then I heard bottles clanging and glasses and I said "What on earth are you doing?" She said "I'm thirsty... Hungry too let me see what there is." I listened while she opened the fridge, she asked "What's beef jerky?" then put one in her mouth and immediately spat it out she said "That is the most repulsive thing that has ever passed my lips! It tastes like gone off bacon, eugh!" Then she screamed and said "Oh it's you... Hi... Where do you live, my brother wants to come and pick me up." I had never mentioned anything of the sort, she had just persumed... She got the address for me and I put on my Rock & Republic tracksuit with my Dita sunglasses and Dolce & Gabbana trainers and then went to my parents room. My mother answered the door looking all done up as she always did and said "Oh morning dear, did you have a good night last night? Where's your sister?" See how I'm responsible for her haha. I said "Yes it was rather good thank you. She's at her friends house in West Hollywood, I'm going to get her now, I need the car keys." My father butted in and said "Kyle she better had be and not be at man's house who she's just met, you never know what could happen to her." I said "She is, I got a car back there with her before making my own way back here first." to which my mother finished my sentance "with a man whom you'd just met" I smiled and said "car keys mother." 

I went and packed Gabrielle a bag and then went to pick her up from the house. She came out looking rather rough. She had no makeup on and her dress was all creased. She got in the car and said "he is an imecile... I fail to comprehend why people get so offended when I don't give them my number." I just laughed.. She truly was following in my footsteps. I told her that I'd packed her a bag and she climbed into the back to change. I had packed a pink missioni bikini and kaftan with some black strappy Jimmy Choo's, Linda Farrow sunglasses and a bright pink Marc Jacobs bag. She climbed back into the front, tied her hair up and looked glamourous again. 

When we got to the pool at the hotel we sat down next to our parents and I asked my dad if the dogs could come. He said "No Kyle." Then Gabrielle started "Arrr please Dad.. Jackie can fly over with them and then stay in the house, which would be useful so then she can oversee everything. I miss Bambi" then I said "and I miss Maddox, I've not seen him for weeks!" and my mum said "I must say, I do miss Pretitia. We could take her to The Bahamas with us, and Gabrielle does have a rather good point. It would be more useful for Jackie to be here in Beverly Hills overseeing everything than being in London, it would be like a holiday for her too." My Dad hesitated and then agreed. I phoned her and said "Hi Jackson, missing me dearest?" she replied "No, actually, I'm enjoying the peace.. What is it that you require this time, a new Blackberry posting? Or does Gabrielle want some food from Harrods again?" I said "You wouldn't believe how much I'm preventing myself from passing urine at this moment in time Jackie, and it's all down to you and your humour. Anyway, it's good news. You're coming to Beverly Hills and staying here for a while... On a jet tonight." She said "Oh my my, that is good news." I then added "Oh yes, with all three dogs." She paused and said "11 hours flight with 3 dogs, joy! I don't mind with Bambi and Pretitia, they're small, but Maddox is enormous Kyle..." I said "Oh poor Jackie, don't you have it hard. Whilst all the other P.A's in the world are trailing the streets of London searching for something only sold in one undefined shop or trying to get a table at the most popular place in the city in an hours notice, you have just returned from 2 weeks in you're boss' house in Paradise Island and now are getting a private jet to Beverly Hills where you will have a 6 bedroomed house with pool and tennis court at your disposal." to which she replied "Because you know ever so much about the world of work don't you Kyle." I said "Oh you swine.. You do know I could sack... Haha, I'm only joking.. It'd take ages for someone new to learn the things you know haha. Anyway, try to organize a jet for this evening. You can bring your husband if you wish, but bring your laptop because you'll be working too." She agreed and then said "Tell your mother she has a meeting with..." I switched off due to boredom and threw the phone to my mum. 

We ate out that evening and I had an early night followed by a lie in. I got up at 11 and went for some breakfast then I went to my mum's room to get the car keys. I couldn't wait to see Maddox so I offered to go and collect them from the airport. I had on some diesel pants, a hoodie, YSL sunglasses and my D&G high top trainers. When I got to the airport I waited in the car until Jackie phoned to say she'd landed then I went inside the terminal. Jackie came through with Bambi in her Louis Vuitton bag, Pretitia prancing next to her in her Louis Vuitton collar and lead, Jackie's husband was pushing a trolley filled with luggage whilst Maddox trotted at their side. I said "Maddoxx..." and he looked around and spotted me and began jumping on the spot and then looked at Jackie for permission to come running at me, she said "go on!" and he came charging through the airport and pounced on me. I bent down and he put he paws on my shoulders and rubbed his face against mine while I stroked him. Then pretitia was yapping at me as was bambi. We got the bags into the car and then Jackie and Mark (her husband) sat in the back with Bambi and Pretitia whilst Maddox occupied the passenger seat. Jackie told me how the flight was, she said Maddox was the best behaved out of all of them. They need a littler tray on the plane and it's a nightmare haha. Mark said "I must say Kyle, you travel in style! Jet's anall" I laughed and said "It's the only way I know how haha.. Did you enjoy paradise island?" He replied "Loved it, one of the nicest places I've been, your house was gorgeous too. Ever so modern, I loved that little computer screen which controlled the whole house!" I asked if they took a jet there to which they said yes and I said "Well if you have to go back for work Mark feel free to have Jackie arrange you one. The McQuillans would want you flying back from our Beverly Hills home in Economy now would we? Oh yes, speaking of which, Jackie do you have the postcode for the property as I have absolutely no clue where I am going." She tutted and then got her laptop out of her bag and began clicking away.. Then she told me and I put it into the car. 

When we arrived at the house my parents and Gabrielle were there - to see the dogs and organise meetings and things. We got to the house and Mark was amazed by it. I went into the garden with Maddox and he sat and stared at me and the pool then I shouted "Jackie can you organise a pool cleaner for tomorrow?" she shouted back "Yes!" and I gave Maddox permission to jump in. Upon hearing the splash my mother came out and looked at the pool and said "Oh Kyle" I said "What? There's a pool cleaner coming tomorrow!" and she just walked back inside. I left maddox to sunbathe and went inside where I immediately stood in wee. I told my mum that Pretitia had urinated and she said "She certainly hasn't, she's been here with me, it must've been Bambi, she's running around all over the place... Gabrielle!" Gabrielle came walking in with Bambi under her arm, my mother said "Bambi has urinated on the floor, clean it up dear." Gabrielle said "Err... Jackie Bambi's urinated on the floor, clean it up dear" I started laughing and my mum said "Gabrielle..." She tutted and walked to the kitchen, picked up a towel and a pair of tongs and walked over to the little puddle. She dropped the towel on it, waited for a second and then picked the towel up with the tongs, walked over to the bin and dropped the tongs and towel in it. She then said "We need new tongs mother" 

Whilst everybody went and sat around the pool Maddox and I went out for a run. We went out for an hour and a half before returning to the house where Maddox went and jumped back in the pool. The interior designer came around in the afternoon to discuss some plans for the house. I told her how I wanted my bathroom and bedroom to be like and also informed her that my wardrobe needed to be bigger. My mother arranged for us all to go out that evening as it was Thursday (the day after) that we were all splitting up. She got a table at Gordon Ramsay's At The London restaurant and we all got dressed up for it. I'm positive Jackie dedicates her exercise reigieme to being my mothers size as she's always giving her clothes and Jackie's always going to the gym in my parents house to maintain her size 8 figure. She is safe in that if she ever has a black tie event to attend she has something to wear. My mother will either offer something to her or she will have already given her something in the past. Tonight was no exception. My mum said "Oh Jackie I have some things for you." She gave her a few skirts and blouses and a couple of summer dresses along with a pair of shoes. Jackie said "Camilla, I could not walk in those, they're about 6 iches high." My mother replied "They're dinner shoes, you'll be wearing them whilst sitting, you only wear them from the car to the restaurant." 

My mother was wearing a black Vera Wang dress where the material tied at the front, it was rather nice, with a pair of Giuseppe Zanotti jewel embellished heels and a Jimmy Choo bag. Gabrielle was wearing a silk Zac Posen dress with Alexander McQueen heels and a Chloe bag. Jackie was wearing a burberry skirt with tights, a blouse, a Fendi Spy bag and Gabrielle's Burberry shoes. I was wearing a white shirt from Armani with a rich purple jumper from Prada, John Lobb shoes and pants from Dolce & Gabbana. My father was wearing an Armani ensemble and Mark was wearing a shirt and pants. 

We had a lovely meal and went all went back to the hotel and the house at about midnight. When I got up in the morning I went back to the house to take the dog for a run again. After an hour or so we returned to the house where Jackie was hard at work to ask her to organise a flight for this evening. She asked what I'd be doing about Maddox, I considered taking him with me but decided it would be unfair leaving him in the apartment (if he was allowed) or leaving him with the house keeper whom he doesn't know in the hamptons home. I went back to the hotel and packed all my belongings and then got a car back to the house. I piled my luggage in the hallway and the dog sat a cried as he knew I was leaving again. 

We left for the airport at about 10 at night and said goodbye to my parents as they were leaving for Barbados the day after. I was once again petrified on the flight and tried to sleep for the duration. Gabrielle was chatting across the isle to someone who worked for Vogue and was going to fashion week, as were we, and was asking where she was staying and things. When we landed in It was 9 a.m on Friday morning in New York and there was 2 cars waiting to pick us up, one we travelled in together and the other we piled luggage into. I went up to my room and there hanging in the hall way was a Cavalli suit. Attached to it was a note saying: Thanks for the loan, hope I'll see you soon. James. and his number. I remembered it straight away. When I was here for my birthday I slept with a Wall St. man 3 times and went out to dinner with him and lent him a cavalli suit for him to go to work in which he promised to return; I however left before he could get me a new one delivered... I won't ring him though. This is fashion week. The city is going to be filled with gorgeous men, ones who I hadn't slept with yet. 

The apartment looked exactly the same as it did when I left, only tidier. I went to bed as soon as we got in (unintentionally messing my body clock up a little bit more.) When I woke up it was about 2p.m and Gabrielle was asleep in the lounge covered by a hermes blanket. I walked in and woke her and she said "ugh, order some room service Kyle.." We discussed over our lunch what we should do and she said "I wouldn't mind going to watch The Phantom of The Opera, I've not watched it for a while and I simply adore that show. I want to view an apartment in the time warner centre, trump international and Jackie's arranging some townhouse viewings too. We're not seeing a show until Sunday anyway.. My friend Louise will be joining us this evening and I think she'll be staying here by the way.. When are your friends arriving?" I had completely forgotten, Elliot, Kayleigh and Kelly were all coming at some point this weekend. I phoned them and Elliot grunted down the phone saying "What?!" I said "Good day Elliot, where are you?" He replied "The ritz, are you here?" I replied "I am and I've not had sex for 2 days, I'll be straight round..." Whilst I walked the short distance to the Ritz-Carlton I phoned Kayleigh and Kelly, neither of them were answering their phones so I sent an email to Kelly's father's p.a asking what time she'd be arriving in New York. She replied saying that she'd be here at around 7p.m local time and that Lee was coming with them too. I hadn't seen Lee properly since my birthday so it will be good to catch up... 

Elliot and I had our own ways of catching up and this was no exception. Once we'd finished I went back to my apartment to shower. When I returned to the drawing room Gabrielle informed me that we were going to see The Phantom of The Opera that evening as Jackie had managed to get us a box. We were going at half 7 so we could go and see the others straight afterwards. We got ready and informed reception of Louise's expected arrival then took a car to Broadway. I must admit, this is one of my favourite shows! It's amazing, it gives me shivers each time I watch it. When it finished we left the theatre and got took the car which was waiting for us to The Pierre where Kayleigh was staying. She was there alone. Kelly was in Sixty Thompson and Lee had also gone downtown to the Tribeca Grand. They were however, all in Kayleigh's room this evening. 

We all went to bed fairly early as each and every one of us was exhausted. When we got back to my apartment Louise still wasn't there and Gabrielle made a few phone calls and discovered that her flight had been delayed by 2 hours. She would therefore be landing within the next half hour. Marvelous, so much for an early night. I went to bed and Gabrielle had a little sleep and then waited for her... 

On Saturday we all went shopping and to get our hair done, we all strategically booked our appointments well in advance. All the salons are more or less fully booked or are attending fashion week themselves. Gabrielle told us that she'd booked an appointment at Garren months ago so she was going there, Stephen Knoll is somehow related to Kayleigh so she managed to get herself an appointment there. Kayleigh and Kelly booked in at John Barrett months ago as had Elliot and I at Sally Hershberger. Lee didn't think of these sorts of things and so came along with Elliot and myself in the hope they could squeeze him in. Each time I have been to New York I have come to the Hershberger salon, it's more young and trendy than places like John Barrett where you feel you have to whisper. Due to Lee only having his hair shaved he managed to get it done. Whilst he was having his hair done he was tapping away at his Blackberry and smiling and as soon as he was finished and paid he left... It doesn't require a genius to guess how he'd be spending the next hour or so. 

Once Elliot and myself were finished in the salon we went for a quick lunch in the meat packing district and then we went back to his hotel for a while... We had a reservation at the restaurant within The Ritz for the evening and so we all got ready and met up there. We all had a relitively early night due to an early start on Sunday and so once we'd finished dinner, we all said goodnight and parted for the evening. .. I went back with Kelly and Kayleigh went with Elliot. 

It's now 5 a.m on Sunday morning and I cannot sleep so I'm writing this to keep myself occupied. I would go for a run around central park but I may get mugged at this hour so I'll leave it a while. I'm only attending DKNY at 11am and then Y3 at 5pm today. The girls are going to a few, they're missing DKNY to go to Lela Rose, then going to Herve Leger and if they can make it Diane Von Furstenburg also. They won't be attending Y-3 either. I'm going now to go to the gym before I need to start getting ready. I'll speak with you all soon. 

Much love, 
Kyle.

No comments: